MAFRA AND ERICEIRA: TWO PEARLS IN THE SALOIA REGION
Full day tour: 7 to 8 hours
Mafra and Ericeira: two cities in the Saloia region. It was the rural area at the time, much sought after by kings for rest or hunting, and they stayed in Mafra. Bread, cheese and sausages came from these lands to Lisbon. Visit Mafra and Ericeira, all this and much more in our company.
Mafra, a city presented with an extraordinary convent declared a World Heritage Site, its a must-see. Its through one of the 4,700 doors and windows that we see the lines that leave the convent towards the streets of Mafra, its symmetry has story.
The typical village of José Franco is a faithful portrait of a typical saloia village, in miniature, and reflects the daily life of a village in the saloia region, with all its small establishments, customs and traditions. As they lived mainly on agriculture, women sought employers to give them clothes to wash, and the film “Aldeia da Roupa Branca” was immortalized in the film, with simplicity it clairly shows the daily work. We cannot leave this area so picturesque without tasting the best that is made: cheeses and wines. The knowledge and flavors of the saloia zone are in every corner.
The name Saloio dates from the formation of our humble country. Are they saloios? Yes, but rich in traditions and customs.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Ticket to visit the National Palace of Mafra;
- Visity a traditional cheese factory;
- Wine tasting at a local winery;
- Visit the city of Ericeira;
- Visit Cabo da Roca, Cascais and Estoril, if time permites;
- Individual masks and hand sanitizer (please read carefully information about Covid-19: Prevention rules);
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel (inside the city of Lisbon) or at a previously arranged meeting point.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Meal (lunch or dinner). We will recommend local restaurantes for lunch.
WARNINGS AND ADITIONAL INFORMATION
Wear comfortable walking shoes. Also wear comfortable clothing
BOOK THIS TOUR